20th Annual Lupus Loop Sunday October 30th 2011
*PLEASE NOTE: THE PRE-REGISTRATION/ TEAM CREATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH MONDAY, OCTOBER 24th. CLICK REGISTER ABOVE TO GET STARTED, OR SCROLL DOWN TO REVIEW THE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS.*
Welcome Friends, to the Lupus Foundation of America, Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter’s 2011 Lupus Loop 5K Run and 2.5 Mile Walk for Lupus Now website! Everything you will need to join the LFA’s oldest walk/run event in the country is right here.
Help us commemorate our 20th anniversary while helping to change lives!
Thank you for your dedication to the fight against lupus. We cannot achieve our goals, provide patient and community services, support research and spread awareness about lupus without each and every one of you.
Browse through Event Information or Tools for the Team Center or Individual Participant Center . Contact the Chapter office at 215-517-5070 or email us if you have any questions or concerns about creating your team, registering, or donating.
1. Create Your Team (only do this if you will be the Team Captain)
- Click here to begin
- Completely fill out the form: Enter your team name, your full name as the team captain, identify your co-captain, and choose the category that your team belongs in.
- Click Submit to complete the process, you will be automatically directed to your Team Home Page.
- Click to Customize your Team’s Fundraising Page, make sure your team mates and your donors know why your team is participating in the Lupus Loop! Be sure to set your team’s fundraising goal!
- Click the Register button above, or click here to begin
- Click Register Now.
- Choose whether you are a Team Member or an Individual Participant to proceed.
- Choose your appropriate registration category (adult or child; pay or waive the registration fee).
- Completely fill out the form (please note that the website will time out if left idle for more than 10 minutes).
- Customize your Fundraising Page, make sure your donors know why you are walking or running in the Lupus Loop! Be sure to set a personal fundraising goal!
- Donors or sponsors can support the Lupus Loop by giving you cash, check, or making a direct and secure credit card donation on your fundraising page.
- To find a team or participant’s fundraising page, visit the Lupus Loop Campaign page and search for the team name or participant.
- Email all of your friends, family members, classmates and coworkers the link to your fundraising page!
- Post a link to your fundraising page on your Facebook wall.
- Remind your donors that making a donation does not register them for the 20th Annual Lupus Loop as a runner or walker, they must still complete the registration process outlined above.
The Annual Lupus Loop 5K Run and 2.5 Mile Walk for Lupus Now® is a part of a nation-wide series of walks/events that raise awareness and funds to fight lupus. Walk for Lupus Now® is the signature event of the Lupus Foundation of America, Inc. In more than 50 cities across America, thousands of people walk, run, roll, or volunteer to make a difference in the lives of those affected by lupus and raise essential funds for research, education, and support services.
Proceeds from the Annual Lupus Loop 5K Run and 2.5 Mile Walk for Lupus Now® benefit the support programs and services of the Lupus Foundation of America, Philadelphia Tri-State Chapter that help the more than 40,000 individuals living with the challenges of lupus in the Tri-State area. You will make a difference in the continued effort to find the causes of and cure for lupus through locally funded research and advocacy efforts. Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs inside the body). This disease can cause inflammation and tissue damage to virtually any organ system. Lupus is a disease of flares and remission – making life with lupus very unpredictable. It strikes mostly women of childbearing age; although women of all ages, as well as men and children, develop lupus. It is a life-threatening, life-diminishing disease.
In March 2010, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) made the decision to approve BENLYSTA® for the treatment of lupus. BENLYSTA is the first treatment approved for lupus in more than 52 years, and is the first drug ever approved that was specifically developed to treat the disease. There are still major gaps that exist in our understanding of the causes and consequences of lupus. To address these gaps, it is essential that we continue to call upon individuals, corporations, foundations and federal, state and local governments to greatly expand their efforts so that the 1.5 million Americans with lupus may have hope. Hope that this disease will be brought under control, hope for a cure, hope for a better future.
The Lupus Foundation of America, Inc. (LFA) is the foremost national nonprofit voluntary health organization dedicated to finding the causes of and cure for lupus and providing support, services and hope to all people affected by lupus.
Thank you for your support of the Annual Lupus Loop and 2.5 Mile Walk for Lupus Now®!