Sheilah A. Doyle (SAD) Foundation & Comfort Zone Camp for Children Who Have Lost a Love One to Homicide
The Sheilah A. Doyle (SAD) Foundation partnered with Comfort Zone Camp in 2010 to provide children, whose parent, legal guardian, or sibling fell victim to homicide, a place and a community to grow and meet other’s who experienced similar tragedies. Our goal is to help children feel that they are not alone in their grief journey.
The SAD Foundation is currently looking for children who would be interested in attending the Comfort Zone Camp.
The requirements are as follows:
- Campers must have a parent, legal guardian or sibling who fell victim to homicide
- Campers must be between 7 and 17
- Campers need to have transportation to and from camp.
Comfort Zone Camp is a nonprofit 501(c)3 bereavement camp that transforms the live of children who have experience the death of a parent, sibling or primary caregiver.
The free camp includes confidence building programs and age-based support groups that break the emotional isolation the grief often brings.
The 2012 Illinois Comfort Zone Camp will be held September 7th through September 9th at Camp Manitoqua (www.manitoqua.org) in Frankfort, IL.
Click here for more information or to sign up:
NOTE: If you are interested in applying online, please remember
1. One application per child will need to be filled out
2. When choosing camp date the parents will need to select the weekend of Sept. 7-9, 2012 at Camp Manitoqua in Frankfort, IL. Comfort Zone Camp runs camps all over the U.S. and they have multiple camp dates to choose from and this can be confusing to some.