How To Quantify 10 billion Tweets on Twitter
Here are some cool facts about how large 10 billion really is:
- About 109 minutes ago, the Roman Empire was flourishing. (109 minutes is roughly 1,900 years.)
- About 109 hours ago, modern human beings and their ancestors were living in the Stone Age (more precisely, the Middle Paleolithic). (109 hours is roughly 114,000 years.)
- About 109 years ago, the first multicellular eukaryotes appeared on Earth.
- 109 centimetres is about the distance from Chicago to Tokyo.
- The possession of assets with total value of 109 US dollars would place a person among the world’s wealthiest individuals.
Facebook reached 10 billion photos in October of 2008.
I think this is a great milestone for Twitter, and I wish them more tweets for life.
But who got the 10,000,000,000th tweet? The API gives me an error when I try to access it.